I had a loose tooth. Apperantly I swallowed it when I was eating. Is it alright to wIt for it to pass or should I try throwing it up?

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Wait

Typically not a problem. Eat normally and drink plenty of fluids.
It should pass without an issue. If you experience any abdominal pain or have any blood in your stool, go to the ER for evaluation. Usually these get coated as they pass through and the concern for sharp edges is lessened, but still exists. If you get constipated, go to ER. Good Luck.

In brief: Wait

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler

In brief: Contact dentist

See your dentist, let the dentist take an x-ray and get a treatment plan.
You do not want to keep loosing teeth to caries, trauma or gum disease.

In brief: Contact dentist

Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt

In brief: Swallowing Teeth

By the time you read this the tooth will have passed into your intestines, so vomiting would make no difference.
If your teeth are that loose that they fall out while you are eating, you should see a dentist. Any hopeless teeth should be professionally removed before you aspirate one and choke to death. All the best...

In brief: Swallowing Teeth

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Be patient

The tooth will just pass through your system, nothing will happen to you don't worry about it.

In brief: Be patient

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Charles Gordon
If it had a gold or diamond filling in it then strain the stool for it. Otherwise, just let it pass.
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: It will pass

it'll all come out well in the end.
You should see your dentist to try and save the remaining teeth.

In brief: It will pass

it'll all come out well in the end.
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Robert Douglas