Is it safe to switch from Tranxene 5Mg taken for 4 months to Xanax (alprazolam)?

Nothing is safe when. 'transferring' from one anti anxiety medication to another. You can't do it without a narcotic prescription from your doctor or psychiatrist. So if your Tranxene (clorazepate) isn't working, call your doctor and take their recommendation first. You may need to be seen for a consult, before anything is switched. May be better to deal with the cause of your anxiety as a better alternative. Good luck!