I had a colonoscopy a week ago been irritated around anal area ever since, what can I use. ?

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Balmex and fiber

Get back on a regular diet with plenty of fiber and water. Gently cleanse the perianal area with a mild soap and pat dry.
Use balmex (yes, what's sold for babies bottoms) on the perianal skin to help the skin heal. You are aiming for a stool that is formed but deformable- not hard, not smeary. Use premoistened wipes (not baby-wipes) to cleanse until healed. If not better, see your doctor!

In brief: Balmex and fiber

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: COLONOSCOPY RASH

This is not an uncommon reaction.
Warm water compresses 3 or 4 times a day; no toilet paper for a week (just use warm compresses over the area; after the compresses use either zinc oxide ointment or butt-paste. No hot, spicy foods for a week. Be patient.

In brief: COLONOSCOPY RASH

This is not an uncommon reaction.
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt