Is it true that douching with the showerhead can cause an air embolism? I did it earlier and now im getting paranoid about it (anxiety) ive had since

Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: Possibly

Douching during pregnancy can cause an air embolism.
I wasn't able to find reference to douching with a shower head in a non-pregnant state. But I would avoid that activity as douching upsets the normal vaginal bacterial and yeast balance and predisposes to bacterial infection of the vagina(bacterial vaginosis).

In brief: Possibly

Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams

In brief: VERY RARELY

Air embolisms are rare and usually related to either medical treatment (IV placement, surgery) or specific activities like diving.
There are rare cases of air embolism from vigorous oral sex but the air can get in only if there is already an injury to the vagina or uterus particularly during pregnancy. I'm not a fan of douching but not for this particular reason.

In brief: VERY RARELY

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Adam Levy