Athletes foot how to treat?

Antifungal. You may benefit with a topical or an oral anti-fungal medication depending on the severity if it indeed is an athletes foot infection. Make sure to dry well between the toes after your shower or bath.
Antifungals. If it is mild try nonprescription antifungals like clotrimazole (Lotrimin), miconazole (Micatin), terbinafine (Lamisil), or tolnaftate (Tinactin). Use as directed. Severe cases will require oral antifungals like fluconazol which is a prescription medication.
Antifungal cream. Athlete's foot or tinea pedis is best treated with RX cream. Usually the "tough actin' tinactin" spray is not strong enough to permanently kill the fungus.
Antifungal. Medication available in drugstore.