Hi. I was reading something when i heard the smoke alarm & above my ear , it was aching a bit. It went away but I'm always anxious when I hear it. Is it only anxiety?

Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Most likely anxiety

if I am reading your question right there are 2 parts: 1) worry related to hearing? if auditory/ache from the alarm have passed, then no need to worry about hearing.
2) anxiety associated with the alarm? - not uncommon for those sounds to evoke anxiety - not a pleasant sound and they are designed that way to get one's attention. To mitigate anxiety suggest using simple relaxation strategies.

In brief: Most likely anxiety

Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Vicken Poochikian