How long can pre diabetes turn into type 2 diabetes?

Do Preventive care. 22 year old female asks, How long can pre diabetes turn into type 2 diabetes? It may or may never become full blown DM-2 if one is interested in preventive care even when there is a strong Family History of DM-2. Keep weight in the Normal range for age, sex & height. Eat healthy & avoid processed foods especially white sugar/syrup. Exercise Mind & Body. Stay positive, look forward to Good Health.
Diabetes risk. Pre diabetes may be reversible with maintenance of healthy weight and lifestyle. If a person with pre diabetes remains overweight and makes no lifestyle adjustments, diabetes may develop in an unpredictable amount of time.
Varies a great deal. Depending upon genes, but also upon weight and lifestyle. 45 minutes of exercise every day has been shown to delay to development of prediabetes into type 2 diabetes. Learning dietary changes that prevent fluctuations in blood sugar can also make a big difference, such as eating small amounts frequently throughout the day, especially small amounts of proteins which helps stabilize blood sugars.