Can the symptoms of acid reflux be similar to copd ie shortness of breath chest discomfort burping?

Acid reflux. symptoms can include shortness of breath, chest discomfort, and burping. These symptoms are more similar to those experienced due to heart disease (angina, heart attack) than to symptoms of COPD. There may be some overlap with symptoms from all three conditions. If a person is unsure about what may be causing these type of symptoms, there should be a medical workup to determine the origin.