I've had a very hard time falling asleep for the past few nights. I've only gotten about 3 hours of sleep each night. What are the safest prescription medications that I can use to help me fall asleep? (I take 25mg Zoloft and 20mg Nexium everyday).

Find cause. Need more information to know what's causing lack of sleep. Meds should be discussed with prescribing doctor who also should know what's going on that you can only sleep 3 hr/night. Some common reasons: situational stress, mood disorder not fully recognized, excess alcohol or other substance abuse that may be minimized. Keep a log of your sleep pattern and discuss openly with your doctor.
Discuss. prescription sleeping medication with your physician.
It can help. First try to: - Set a regular bedtime. -Wake up at the same time every day. -If you find yourself getting sleepy way before your bedtime, get off the couch and do something mildly stimulating to avoid falling asleep. - A warm (not hot!) bath 90 minutes before bed. -herbs like (valerian, passion flower). -According to the drugs diazepam can help to treat the insomnia but under prescription.