Is mild atrophy of both frontal lobes normal at 51, no symptoms? My doctor (not a neurologist) said "normal at my age, as brain stops developing at 25

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology

In brief: Brain atrophy

Cannot be determined using a single neural imaging study contrary to popular belief as one must demonstrate that there has been an actual loss of brain substance over time rather than the lack of development of a particular area of the brain.
My suggestion to you would be to arrange to have a consultation with a cognitive neurologist to address the matter of frontal lobe impairment.

In brief: Brain atrophy

Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman