I skipped my period using birth control, but now have breakthrough bleeding (BTB). Does BTB, like monthly withdrawal bleeding, mean I'm not pregnant?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Check pregnancy test

Sounds like breakthrough bleeding which occurs when you have bleeding at unscheduled times while on the pill.
Brown is simply old blood that has been sitting at the back of the vagina. Often things get back to normal the next cycle. If not then schedule a visit to discuss changing brands or changing birth control methods. This is very common. Other than being annoying it is not dangerous.

In brief: Check pregnancy test

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jane Van Dis