I have been suffering from cold sores for years. Can you please prescribe me medication and or ointment to prevent them and also to help stop or shor?

Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: Depends

When you have an acute flare of a cold sore, you could complete a HealthTap Prime consultation with a doctor who could prescribe any of the oral prescription regimens, if he/she feels comfortable.
If you are interested in long term suppressive therapy you'll be best served working with your primary care doctor, due to long term monitoring needs.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: COLD SORE REMEDIES

YOUR PCP OR DERMATOLOGIST CAN PRESCRIBE THESE.
I CANNOT. I AM NOT PERMITTED TO . . .

In brief: COLD SORE REMEDIES

I CANNOT. I AM NOT PERMITTED TO . . .
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Consult

See your doctor to get a Rx or one of the concierge on-line physicians in HealthTap.
I am not enrolled in this program due to insurance coverage issues.

In brief: Consult

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu