Dr said i needed to up my celexa (citalopram) dose from 20-40 and said to do them both starting now, is that okay? any side effects to expect? will this help me get back on track as taking 20 mg seems to have stopped working, worked great before though!

In brief: The word ?BOTH?

I absolutely do not understand what you mean when you use the word BOTH.
Questions are good but more appropriately asked of your doctor who did the prescribing. Nobody on a network such as this should be suggesting you do anything differently from what your doctor has ordered. If you tolerated 20 you will likely tolerate 40 without difficulty. How about cognitive behavioral therapy? Tried that?

In brief: The word ?BOTH?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See details

It is very reasonable to see if an increased dose will be more helpful.
There is a modest increased risk of side effects such as nausea but most people tolerated the 40 mg dose without problem.

In brief: See details

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Marius Frasie

In brief: FOLLOW

YOUR DOCTOR'S INDICATIONS, 40 MG AT ONCE IS FINE.

In brief: FOLLOW

Dr. Marius Frasie
Dr. Marius Frasie