I've had a hard, raised spot on the top of my foot for 2 years. It was the color of my skin but recently turned white. Should I be concerned?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Lost pigment

this means that you have lost the pigment cells.
I'm not certain why and your best bet is to discuss with your physician about seeing a dermatologist. It may not be anything dangerous but at this point I can't tell you what I think it is

In brief: Lost pigment

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: HARD SPOT ON FOOT

HAVE YOU SHOWN IT TO YOUR DOCTOR? SOUNDS HARMLESS BUT YOU ARE CONCERNED, SEE YOUR REGULAR DOCTOR. HE MIGHT SUGGEST THAT YOU SEE AN ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON.

In brief: HARD SPOT ON FOOT

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Spot or Not.

A two year old raised spot, that is hard can only mean a few things.
The hardness is due to either a boney protuberance or a encapsulated soft tissue mass. Either way, the underlying mass is applying pressure from under the skin upward, thus pushing the blood out of the skin in that area. The result is skin appearing blanched. If concerned, it is best to have the spot evaluated.

In brief: Spot or Not.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith