My wife gave birth under spinal epidural anesthesia. 3 days later she developed mild loss of feeling on two toe (left foot only). Is it a side effect?

In brief: Couple thoughts

Unlikely due to injection, but could be due to positioning at time of labor and delivery or later. Tell your doctor about this, and have him/her examine.
Should depart over next few weeks, but if persistent , would recommend EMG testing.

In brief: Couple thoughts

In brief: Numbness in toes

Numbness in the toes most certainly could be a side effect of an epidural, but should not last very long after the injection/anesthesia.
The numbness could be related to the injection, or she may have another pathology, such as a Neuroma, a nerve impingement near the toes. If the problem persists, see a local Podiatrist for evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Numbness in toes

Dr. Lee Wittenberg
Dr. Lee Wittenberg
Dr. Cynthia McNally

In brief: Unrelated to spinal

I have delivered thousands of babies to women with spinals or epidurals, and I have never seen a case of nerve damage.
It can happen but is exceedingly rare. Also, if it were to happen, it would be a much larger affected area, such as an entire lower extremity. I think there must be a more distal cause. like ill-fitted shoes. Women's shoe size can go up after birth, so I would check that.

In brief: Unrelated to spinal

Dr. Cynthia McNally
Dr. Cynthia McNally
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
I'm not sure if this is related to the epidural, she can try vit B 6 in case it is due to prephral neuritis & if persisted she need to see a neurologist. Good luck
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham