I've been awake for 24 hours and only got 3 hours of sleep the night before. I am extremely exhausted, and my head and body ache. (No viral infection) I feel very out of it. I've been trying to fall asleep all night, but I can't. What should I do?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See doctor

They are many potential causes and thus it is only prudent to contact your doctor to find out why.
Extreme anxiety can lead to some of the symptoms. In the meanwhile, avoid exposure to bright light in the late evening and caffeine.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu

In brief: Exhaustion or mood d

One would need to understand what we called the history of present illness, including your baseline and concurrent events (trauma, pain, substance abuse, etc).
Now, since your symptoms are so severe, I would advise to go to the ER for a consultation. Once you are medically cleared, that can ask for a consultation with a Psychiatrist or 23 hr observation bed.

In brief: Exhaustion or mood d

Dr. Enrique Madrigal-segura
Dr. Enrique Madrigal-segura
Dr. Marsha Davis