Took imitrex after Dr said will be good for me. 2hrs of chest pain&trouble great ng. Hx of myocarditis chf cad I am 52 yrs old. Is there his usual with med like imitrex. Should I report this? Reaction was quite severe. I've been quite sick in past. This i

In brief: Known side effect

That is a known side effect of the drug.
It is not supposed to be really used in patients with histories of functional cardiac problems such as coronary arter disease, angina, or prior MI. Some of your symptoms are a bit soft but yes, I think you should report to your doctor what's going on. Wanna talk about it? www.healthtap.com/drsaghafi

In brief: Known side effect

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine