I take certraline and doing nothing for severe phobia as shake when eating at table with anyone so avoid it unless I had alcohol,beta blockers no good?

Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: CBT

Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias.
One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.

In brief: CBT

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Exposure therapy

Phobias can have profound impact on day to day living.
I highly recommend considering exposure therapy if this option has not been sought out. A caveat is to find an experienced therapist in this form of treatment, as not all therapists have a good understanding of exposure therapy or use it regularly. When implemented effectively it Is highly effective for treatment of phobias.

In brief: Exposure therapy

Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Umesh Patel

In brief: Anxiety & Depression

Anxiety and depression are treated with SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Release Inhibitors)e.
g. Celexa, Zoloft, Prozac, Lexapro, etc, together with anxiolytics e.g. Valium, Ativan, Xanax, (alprazolam) etc. The effects of the drugs vary, so the type and quantity of drug needs to be adjusted. Adding Omega Fish oils (www.cardiamin.com, use code CMC for a discount), Magnesium & Vitamin D supplementation helps.

In brief: Anxiety & Depression

Dr. Umesh Patel
Dr. Umesh Patel
Dr. Eric Weisman