My kid has these kinda tiny long thin tan bugs w a little brown in her hair what r they?? we have washed her hair w the lice stuff n there still there

Dr. Nancy Ferguson

In brief: Head Lice

Head lice are an very contagious, but they are contagious and not a sign of poor hygiene.
Over the counter medicated shampoos containing permethrin or pyrethrin can be used. These kill the lice, but may not kill the eggs. There fore, the treatment may need to be repeated in 9 days and 18 days later to kill newly hatched lice. If this sequence fails, then you may require a prescription strength med

In brief: Head Lice

Dr. Nancy Ferguson
Dr. Nancy Ferguson
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: TAN BUGS IN HAIR

SUGGESTION: TAKE YOUR CHILD, ALONG WITH A FEW OF THE BUGS, TO HER PEDIATRICIAN.
I CANNOT TELL WITHOUT SEEING WHAT THEY ARE.

In brief: TAN BUGS IN HAIR

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Good point
Dr. Nadia Ghattas

In brief: Pediculsis

You need to use. NIX (permethrin) cream rinse once, follow instructions on the package, it kills the lice & the nits but you have to remove them manually with a very tight comb or by hand with gloves on, repeat after 1 wk, cut the hair short or keep it wrapped up I a bun.
I hope that works for you, good luck

In brief: Pediculsis

I hope that works for you, good luck
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas