Hi I have a question...well actually several questions. Im pretty sure I'm pregnant, I've been to the doctors twice and each time I've done pregnancy test, one urine one blood, both negative. Also because the test came out negative the doctors wouldn't ac

Dr. Cynthia McNally

In brief: You are not pregnant

Urine tests are accurate and blood tests are very accurate in detecting pregnancy.
If you think you are pregnant bc you are late for your period, or your breasts hurt or other symptoms, there is probably another explanation. If you are having any new or concerning symptoms, a doctor should be willing to see you. You do not have to be pregnant to be seen by an Ob-Gyn.

In brief: You are not pregnant

Dr. Cynthia McNally
Dr. Cynthia McNally
Pathology

In brief: What makes you sure

that you are pregnant.
If both and urine tests are negative about a week after a missed period, it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. You may ask your doctor for an ultrasound examination to see if there is anything in the uterus. Menstrual irregularities are not uncommon and anovulatory cycle is a common cause. If you miss more than two periods it would be time to see your doctor. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time. You may consider implanted contraceptive or an IUD. Consult this site for more information on this topic. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/menstruation/conditioninfo/Pages/causes.aspx Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.

In brief: What makes you sure

that you are pregnant.
Dr. Douglas Lawson

In brief: False negative

You can have a false negative urine pregnancy test, but blood doesn't have the same issue of being false negative.
The best I could suggest is to repeat the blood test again and add any other blood work that can give you pregnancy symptoms.

In brief: False negative

Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Edit your question

Your question is too long and needs editing.

In brief: Edit your question

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Jane Van Dis