I am on Wellbutrin (bupropion) for 6 mths and can't stop losing weight. Will my weight stabilize? Is there something I should be doing?

Dr. Patricia Foster

In brief: See MD

If weight loss began with Wellbutrin (bupropion), (bupropion) ask your doctor about cutting back the dose.
Wellbutrin (bupropion) can cause weight loss. If weight loss abates, you have your answer. Discuss alternative meds with your doctor. If Wellbutrin (bupropion) is not the cause, you need to see your pcp for an exam/work-up to find out why you're losing weight. Hope this helps.

In brief: See MD

Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Start keeping track

Keep track of the food you are eating.
If you are underweight and want to gain, you must eat 500 calories more than you use each day to gain one pound per week! If that seems like too much of a task, try 250 calories per day in excess of what you use each day to gain a half pound per week. I trust that you have excluded other reasons for weight loss. If not, see your doctor.

In brief: Start keeping track

Keep track of the food you are eating.
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko