I have this bump on my scalp under my skin for years Feels like it is getting bigger..tender to touch..no headaches..hurts when I hit it on accident.

Dr. Ira Katz
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Lipoma

You probably have a benign "lipoma" which is a benign (not dangerous) little fatty tumor. They usually don't grow and do not hurt though.
The fact that you hit it may make it hurt and if the pain quickly goes away there is no need to worry, but it still should be checked out at some time and your doctor can feel it and in a few minutes confirm it is a benign non worrisome lipoma.

In brief: Lipoma

Dr. Ira Katz
Dr. Ira Katz