I take 50000 iu of vitamin D once weekly. My D level is 26. Neuro suggested to take 1000 daily before that. Can I take the 1000 daily too?

Dr. Richard Roberts
Clinical Genetics

In brief: Higher appropriate

You can expect at least 3 to 6 months of treatment before you can raise your serum levels to a healthy normal.
The amount of oral vitamin D3 needed to correct deficiency depends primarily on your adipose tissue mass. The morbidly obese require 3 times the usual dose, 30,000 iu/day, Many experts now recommend aiming for mid to higher nl range. You may require 2,000 iu/day just to remain normal.

In brief: Higher appropriate

Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Richard Roberts
https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional/
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Getting your D3

level checked by your doc is best.
Although the reference range on lab tests is 30 to about 90, experts on D suggest between 50 and 80 as optimal. Many folks take 5000 IUs. Peace and good health.

In brief: Getting your D3

level checked by your doc is best.
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Lisa Robbins
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Take more.

A good rule of thumb would be to take 5000 iu a day of vitamin D3 to help maintain a level of around 70.

In brief: Take more.

Dr. Lisa Robbins
Dr. Lisa Robbins
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: The goal is

To normalize your vitamin d level to the normal range.
A the same time, making sure not to overdose on the vitamin. Vitamins A, D, E and K get stored in the body and hence you need to monitor serum blood to make sure you don't take too much. Your suggesting to take 57,000 IU weekly. I think the 50,000 IU will adequately raise your levels. Once it does this you can switch to taking daily.

In brief: The goal is

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu

In brief: Low vitamin D

Level 26 may be considered insufficient but should not be symptomatic.
An extra daily 1000 units daily in addition to 50,000 units if recoomended by your physician and followed up with vitamin D levels will be okay.

In brief: Low vitamin D

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Keegan Duchicela