Should I put emocort on sores on vulva or mometasone furoate? Sores may be herpes or not, they're located around uretra. I was prescribed both creams.

Dr. Cynthia Frazier
Gynecology

In brief: Steroid creams

Should not be used unless prescribed for a specific purpose.
If you have lesions around your urethra you should see your physician for a diagnosis before using any cream you have on hand. Steroids are used to reduce inflammation but they can slow the healing time of certain infections.

In brief: Steroid creams

Dr. Cynthia Frazier
Dr. Cynthia Frazier
Dr. Mary David

In brief: Follow

It is best to follow the advice of the doctor who has actually seen the sores and thus has the best idea what is causing them. Presumably a herpes test was done and will answer that question in the near future.
Hope you feel better fast.

In brief: Follow

Hope you feel better fast.
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Adam Levy