I have really bad mannerisms of biting my nails. And I really want to stop. Any tips?

Dr. Matt Vukin

In brief: Mindfulness

Sometimes people don't realize they bite their nails until it's been pointed out to them or they look at their nails closely.
Look into mindfulness based practices (yoga, meditation, etc) which help us train our minds to recognize when we're feeling certain ways in the moment. This helps to choose an effective response (example with anxiety might be taking a walk) vs biting which is "autopilot".

In brief: Mindfulness

Dr. Matt Vukin
Dr. Matt Vukin
Dr. Thomas Robbins

In brief: Bite deterrents

You can also try over the counter bite deterrents.
You put them on your nails like fingernail polish. They have a horrid taste, that is you bite your nails with it on, you will not enjoy.

In brief: Bite deterrents

Dr. Thomas Robbins
Dr. Thomas Robbins
Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Onychophagia

This is not uncommon and is relatively easy to treat.
Usually a manifestation of generalized worry (generalized anxiety disorder), it responds to buspirone, anticonvulsants, and antidepressants. Cognitive behavior therapy would also be important

In brief: Onychophagia

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Shontae Buffington