Have anal fissures and cream I use. But when I have a BM, they can bleed from wiping. Was curious if feces or bacteria could get into blood stream :S?

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Yes, but............

The answer, theoretically is yes.
We see large numbers of people with anal fissures in practice. They almost always are associated with blood and pain. If serious enough they are surgically corrected. You would think a nice juicy blood supply like this would be the perfect place for bugs to get in...but it does not happen often at all! You should get an opinion from a colorectal surgeon.

In brief: Yes, but............

The answer, theoretically is yes.
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery