I'm responsible for my own anxiety. I'm always checking my heart rate. It's usually 67-78bpm. I take 50mg of atenolol daily. What should I do?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: A mental health

professional can teach you ways to manage your stress.
Please don't use medication alone. There is so much more that you can do to help. Peace and good health. Mindfulness meditation, clinical hypnosis, etc. all can help

In brief: A mental health

Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology

In brief: CBT Consult

This recurrent question is worth a consult with a Health Tap psychologist or other mental health provider who offers cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
This will help answer questions like: What is the function behind checking your pulse so frequently? Is there a valid reason? Or is it a obsessive/anxiety based behavior? CBT skills can help you manage anxiety more effectively and modify behavior.

In brief: CBT Consult

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine