My iron is low. Hemoglobin low side of normal,ferritin 7, saturation 9%. Dr suggested iron ivs. Is this safe? Risks side effects and chances of thwm.

Pathology

In brief: It's your call

I think they're safe enough, the chances of serious harm from them is low, and you'll feel better faster. Some folks do get sickish during the infusion.
I do trust that a cause for your iron deficiency has been sought adequately -- I've seen colon cancer missed in a woman in her 20's with fatal results. If you're deficient due to monthy loss, talk about supplements; if from reflux, Rx'ing this.

In brief: It's your call

Dr. Vicken Poochikian