What are my 18 year old son chances of getting complications (cancer, MS, Guillian Barre, etc) after EBV virus infection? I'm very scared for him

Some facts. EBV infections are very common, and very few patients with history of infectious mononucleosis ever develop disorders such as MS. Typically need hereditary susceptibility, and several environmental events to develop such outcomes.. What triggering your anxieties? Discuss these concerns with your doctor.
Slight. While EBV is known to be associated with many diseases including mononucleoisis and Burkitts lymphoma, the development of MS and Guillan Barre require second hits. The EBV induces teleomerase activity but by itself shares few of the above disorders. The MS would probably need HepB vaccine and Guillian Barre, the administration of Gardesil;
Very low. A majority of young adults have met EBV. Of these, the vast majority have no problems. It is good to care. But You and he cannot go through life focused on very small risks. Be thankful for good health and embrace opportunities. .