My doctor was concerned that my thyroid was full. What exactly does that mean? Should I be worried?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Worried

Yes, you should be worried.
What does your doctor mean by "concerned that my thyroid was full"? It may be time to have your family and friends refer you to a more involved doctor.

In brief: Worried

Yes, you should be worried.
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Enlarged?

I think what he meant was that it might be slightly enlarged.
In the absence of symptoms, a follow-up visit in a few months may be just what is needed. If you have symptoms of overactive or underactive thyroid, he may order some thyroid function test on you and even an ultrasound on the thyroid. You should pose this question to your doctor.

In brief: Enlarged?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Vicken Poochikian