Can lymph nodes stay swollen for 7 months after mono infection. Lymph nodes are bilateral in post. cervical area 1.3 cm or less. I touch them everyday?

Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Yes, not abnormal

Once inflamed and enlarged, sometimes lymph nodes never return to previous normal size.
If you're otherwise well, it doesn't mean anything if you can still feel them. Anyway, repeated touching -- especially if you poke hard to find them, rub them, etc -- can cause further inflammation, keeping them large. I suggest you vow to keep your hands off for the next month. You may they find they're gone.

In brief: Yes, not abnormal

Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Steven Seres