I get butterflies in my stomach and the feeling travels down to my vagina every time I see someone hot. Is this sexual arousals or something else ?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Sexual arousal...

...sounds like the best bet.
At age16, it also sounds like you'd better be prepared for sex, even if not immediately planning on it. I'm not encouraging sex if you're not ready, but it sounds like your body is ready even if your head isn't. Please be prepared in regard to contraception and STD prevention (e.g., have condoms handy). Also get started on HPV vaccine if not already immunized.

In brief: Sexual arousal...

...sounds like the best bet.
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Also speak with an adult you trust and with whom you can be frank and honest, and who won't be judgmental about sex. Depending on circumstances, a parent is often the best bet; or your pediatrician; or a school nurse. In the meantime, don't worry. What you are experiencing is entirely normal and healthy. Just don't let your hormones get ahead of common sense and self protection.
Dr. Jane Van Dis