Should I go to the E.R.? Severe Gallbladder pain, diagnosed with stones and sludge-balls. Awaiting surgery date.

Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: My God,OfAllThe Gall

If you are hurting so much the pain medication you are taking isn't helping(assuming you're taking it as directed) &/or you are vomiting everything or most things you are eating or drinking &/or you have a fever &/or you are urinating less &/or your urine is getting darker & darker &/or your eyes are getting yellow &/or a large black crow flies in and impales itself in your stomach,go to the ER

In brief: My God,OfAllThe Gall

Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Andrea Lundell
Especially the crow part.
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Surgery - Trauma

In brief: NOW

Sounds like time to move the surgical date up.

In brief: NOW

Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Dr. Andrea Lundell
Radiology

In brief: RUQ Pain

The presence of gallstones and/or sludge within the gallbladder does not necessarily mean you have acute cholycystitis.
However, if you are having severe abdominal pain, especially within the right upper quadrant, and you have ANY fever, I would consider evaluation by a doctor, as soon as possible.

In brief: RUQ Pain

Dr. Andrea Lundell
Dr. Andrea Lundell
Dr. Atul Singh
Your instinct are right. If you have severe pain seek help now. ER is ok to seek care. Also call the doc that u are seeing. Tell them u are on the way to the ER
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery