I have yellow patches on my tonsils along with sneezing and a runny nose.My std results were negative and strep was also.What do you think I may have?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Viral URI

Typical for a garden variety viral upper respiratory infection, i.
e. common cold. "Yellow patches" can suggest bacterial infection like strep, but it often happens with viruses. Given your age and mention of STD: If you also have painful sores in or near the mouth, it could be herpes. And if it lasts more than a week and also enlarged lymph nodes etc, ask doc about infectious mononucleosis (mono).

In brief: Viral URI

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Another comment about "STD tests". Most cases of oral gonorrhea are entirely without symptoms, and when symptoms do occur, they don't include runny nose or sneezing. But to know for sure, a throat swab must be tested for gonorrhea. If your STD tests were only urine and blood specimens, they won't say anything about gonorrhea of the throat.
Dr. Jane Van Dis