What causes cramps in my hands and foot? I'm 55 with atherosclerosis,diabetes,and have had carpal tunnel surgery

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See your PCP

The answers given here in this forum are general in nature.
For advice concerning your specific condition, you should see your primary care physician for evaluation and your individual diagnosis and treatment options.

In brief: See your PCP

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology

In brief: Causes of cramping

One of the things that causes cramping is changes in blood chemistry, another is changes in stretching and exercise.
People rarely also have conditions that predispose them to cramping, such as myotonic dystrophy. This particular condition often presents in young adult life however.

In brief: Causes of cramping

Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Umesh Patel