Disney crowds make me VERY nervous/panicky. Dr Rx'd me 0.5mg Xanax (alprazolam). I took it. Calmed me but made me sleepy & uninterested. Any other recs?

Therapy options. If it is just related to Disney, you could reduce your time there, or you could try to go when it is not as crowded. If that is not an option, you could close your eyes and imagine yourself in a wide open space, or look at pictures of one, such as Yellowstone park. If it is really bothering you, and it prevents you from functioning, or going outside your home, then medicine tretament may be best.
Try working. with a therapist to identify what may be causing you to feel this way and help in developing skills to control it naturally vs. chemically.
Xanax (alprazolam) dosing. Xanax is a good medication for managing acute or situational anxiety. It sounds like you experienced sedation, which is a common side effect. Try decreasing the dose by 1/2 or 1/4 tablet. If you continue to feel sleepy then consult with your Dr. to possibly try a different medication in this class or a less sedating class like Buspar (buspirone) or Atarax.