Grinding my teeth but I'm trying to sleep, while doing that feel tiny sharp pains near neck. Been having neck issues for a bit. Neck & back. & back of head? What could I do for relief? What is this?

Teeth\neck\back? Probably all related to stress, bruxism and muscle strain. Short term and immediate: Advil, Aleve, (naproxen) Motrin, determine cause of stress and try exercise, relaxation techniques, do what is fun for you. Long term: see dentist regarding bite analysis. See MD if you can't control stress levels on your own.
TMJ. Grinding your teeth can definitely cause headaches and pain in your neck and back of the head. There can be many factors causing this problem including your bite, stress levels, and sleep apnea. Treatment would start with a comprehensive exam by a dentist experienced in treating TMJ, and may involve an MD and stress relief.
Contact MD. At age 23, probably stress related. See MD for referral if neck issues persist. You may be able to try physical therapy if the MD feels it is warranted.
TMJ /Cervical pain. TMJ patients often have cervical discomfort as well. A multidisciplinary approach is often needed. Get evaluated by a dentist with TMJ experience. You will likely need consult with physical therapy and others as well. For some quick info check our practice website...http://www. Laserdentistbaltimore. Com/tmj-therapy/
R/O TMJ /BRUXISM. TMJ can be very difficult to treat and overlap several specialists. I hav had the best results with ENT and oral surgery.. It can start with a poor bite due to genetics/after trauma/Bruxism secondary to stress. A good nite guard is essential. Topical Voltaren (diclofenac) gel and a low dose muscle relaxant like skelaxin&FLEXERIL or BOTOX/LIDOCAINE injections can help. Prednisone with quick taper may help.
Complex. There are many interlocking factors that could be impacting on this pain pattern. How the teeth meet and interact while grinding, head position and neck strain, muscle spasms. We recommend coordinated therapy between the dentist, physician and chiropractor and possibly a Physical therapist.
Tooth grinding. May be caused by parafunctional habit, malocclusion, muscle imbalance, stress, reaction to Meds, systemic disorder, sleep apnea, or many other causes. A night guard will help prevent damage to teeth, but not treat the cause of the bruxism. See your Dentist for evaluation. Consultation with an Orthodontist may be in order.
Bruxism. Stress induced bruxism can be the cause. See MD for stress control. You may want to see an orofacial-TMJ specialist to manage the bruxism with an appliance.