I use to take 20 mg adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) but it quit helping with my adhd.Is there anything else I can try?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: ADHD

Discuss other medications with your physician.

In brief: ADHD

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Alternatives

First, you might consider an increase in dose of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine).
Alternatives include methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta), Provigil, Nuvigil, Imipramine, and Amantadine.

In brief: Alternatives

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Matthew Smith

In brief: Probably

20 mg of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) may simply be an insufficient dosage.
Or, as is the case with many people with ADHD, it may take some time to find the right medication for you. There are a number of options. However since you suggest was was helpful and stopped being helpful, there is a question raised about whether your ADHD symptoms are actually from ADHD. Consult your psychiatrist.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Matthew Smith
Dr. Matthew Smith