I was diagnosed in ER today with Chronic superficial venous thrombosis of lower left extremity and sent home. Can I wear compression stockings now?

Superficial veins drains into saphenous venous system has valves in the veins that prevent embolism .
Make sure to see your doctor to evaluate deep vein thrombosis , then you need aggressive treatment (s) to prevent pulmonary embolism.

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. John Ricotta
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Yes if chronic

if this is chronic then you can wear support as long as it doesn't hurt.
Question is why you have chronic superficial phlebitis. You should see someone who has experience in vein problems to see what the underlying problems is and if additional treatment other than stockings would be helpful

In brief: Yes if chronic

Dr. John Ricotta
Dr. John Ricotta
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology