I got kicked by a horse in my lower back and bottom on Wednesday. i have severe bruising. have had an xray and no fracture was seen, pain is 10x worse

Dr. Andrea Lundell
Radiology

In brief: Trauma

Unfortunately, plain film x-rays are best for diagnosing fractures of bones, and are not very good for finding injuries of the soft tissues, such as ligaments, tendons, muscles, etc.
Although you may have not sustained any bone fractures, soft tissue injuries can be quite painful. If your pain is not getting better, or is getting worse, seek medical attention.

In brief: Trauma

Dr. Andrea Lundell
Dr. Andrea Lundell
Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Go Kick It Back !!

A horse kick ain't no bucket a jelly! If you are still hurting like that in 10-14 days, that may warrant another x-ray or two to see if there might have been a latent fracture.
And anyways, there's a lot of other stuff in that area that can hurt a lot, even just a bone bruise.I had an injury in that area once and it hurt like Hell. It should*start*to feel better in about a week or 10 days from now

In brief: Go Kick It Back !!

Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Surgery - Trauma

In brief: May need an MRI

May have a herniated disc or epidural hematoma of the Spinal Cord.
These not seen on plain x-ray

In brief: May need an MRI

These not seen on plain x-ray
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine