Can asthma make me exhausted even if my oxygen levels are good?

Dr. Rashed Hasan
Pediatrics - Critical Care

In brief: Asthma

When asthma is poorly controlled it can increase work of breathing: The person will be working harder to move air in and out because the breathing tubes are narrowed.
One way to assess if the asthma is well controlled in to do daily peak flow (There are normative data for your gender and your height). The person will need thorough evaluation for asthma

In brief: Asthma

Dr. Rashed Hasan
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Possible

Low oxygen is usually not present even in severe asthma but the answer to your question is yes, it is possible.
There are however many causes for fatigue if controlling your asthma failed to improve your sense of exhaustion.

In brief: Possible

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt

I would suggest reviewing your asthma symptoms and action plan.
If you experience asthma symptoms with exercise, pre medication with Albuterol before starting to exercise is advised. A virtual appointment may be booked online Healthtap.com/DosanjhMD Code NCYHPZ

In brief: Mgt

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Shontae Buffington