I had a bartholin cyst aspirated 2 weeks ago. It hurts a bit when I get turned on. Any idea what is happening?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Healing

As you become sexually aroused, the blood vessels in the vulva and vagina dilate.
This can put some added pressure on any injured or healing area. The resulting discomfort in an area of recent cyst aspiration is not at all surprising. It will gradually disappear over the next couple of weeks, perhaps a little longer. If it persists more than 6 weeks, discuss with your doctor. Good wishes:)

In brief: Healing

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Michael Ahearn

In brief: Turned off

The treatment of Bartholin cyst affect a very sensitive area, it may require marspialization to completely resolve see your gynecologist if not contraindicated estrogen cream may help the symptoms

In brief: Turned off

Dr. Michael Ahearn
Dr. Michael Ahearn
Dr. Adam Levy