When I have my neck in upright position and move the neck back slightly i get pain between my neck and shoulder (upper trap), have tight right shoulde?

Dr. Sheila Calderon

In brief: Possibly

Analyze your activities, exercises, and sleep positions to figure what is setting this off.
Also figure out what helps the most (stretches, message, ice etc). this will give you insight into what causes it and how to manage it. If possible avoid those positions until the soreness leaves you. If the pain is out of control, you will need to see a doctor. Hope it resolves easily.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Bret Boyle