I am putting on weight, for no reason, I am not pregnant, nor eating more, I find myself more active. I have 2 children aged 5 and 3.?

In brief: Must solve a mystery
When a person "gains weight" for "no reason", the real reason must be found to decide if there is a medical problem going on.
The doctor can help find out if there is an endocrine (hormonal) problem, a kidney or heart problem (causes water retention), or a tumor (abdominal tumors can be big & heavy). If no disease is found, then the person is simply needing fewer calories than he or she is eating!

In brief: Must solve a mystery
Pathology
In brief: Change in BMR
Basal metabolic rate declines with increasing age and would result in weight gain unless you reduce your caloric intake from when you were younger.

In brief: Change in BMR
Dr. Jonathan Jassey