I have 50% numb feeling in arms and body at times, and nauseas sometimes too. I've had numbness for the last 1.5 years. Had MRI of my brain 1.5 years ago that was normal. These issues keep occurring. What should I do?

Dr. Anthony Fritz

In brief: Neurology

See if you can get in to see a Neurologist to rule out a neurologic problem.

In brief: Neurology

Dr. Anthony Fritz
Dr. Anthony Fritz
Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: I've mentioned this

Before as it seems like you have all of these neurologic symptoms; have you seen a neurologist or do you have any continued follow up with a neurologist who you may have seen in the past.
It also seems like your anxiety may be contributing to some of your symptoms, so please make sure this is well controlled too.

In brief: I've mentioned this

Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Further testing!

If an MRI was the only testing you had done when your symptoms started, you need further testing.
Also a repeat MRI may be in order, because it may have changed. What you are feeling is certainly not pleasant or normal. Get re-evaluated or get a second opinion. If you have not seen a neurologist, that would be a great person to see! If you have, again, a second opinion is certainly reasonable.

In brief: Further testing!

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads