Is a resting heart rate of 58 bpm okay? I'm taking Lexapro (escitalopram) 5mg and have taken it for a week now. I don't feel any bradycardia symptoms.

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: A bit low

But f you have no other symptoms like shortness of breath, dizziness or feeling faint - don't worry.
tThhe low end of normal range is 60 - so you could be off just be a bit of a counting error. Talk to your doctor if you wish to be sure for your peace of mind. Best!

In brief: A bit low

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Umesh Patel
Preventive Medicine

In brief: SSS

Normal heart rate at rest is between 60 and 70 beats per minute.
In very fit individuals, it may be as low as 40 BPM without any symptoms of weakness or dizziness. Some arrhythmias may cause the hr to vary from very slow to very fast and beta blockers can be used cautiously to help regulate the rate. Sometimes they are uses in conjunction with a pacemaker which allows their use without slowing hr.

In brief: SSS

Dr. Umesh Patel
Dr. Umesh Patel
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology