Do I need to brush my teeth 3 or more times a day? Have sensitive teeth: part of my gums on top left side and bottom right side hurt when brushing.

Dr. William Williams
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Don't over brush

once a day total plaque removal is acceptable and most dentist feel that most patients are not 100% able to remove 100% of their plaque bacteria, hense the suggestion to brush after all meals (3Xday).
I feel that twice is plenty if done when one arises in the morning and rinses well after each meal, then at night before retiring. But be aware, pain tells you something is amiss. check it out.

In brief: Don't over brush

Dr. William Williams
Dr. William Williams
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: 2X/ is recommended

Three times a day is best.
Choose the right toothbrush, brush for at least 2 minutes and use the brushing correctly. See your dentist for sensitive teeth consultation and education for a perfect brushing technique.

In brief: 2X/ is recommended

Three times a day is best.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: See your Dentist

It's not so much the number of times you brush as it is how you clean (brushing is only part of what you need to do.
Brushing too hard or w wrong toothbrush or w wrong technique can cause gum recession and subsequent sensitivity. Please see your Dentist/Hygienist for personalized advice.

In brief: See your Dentist

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Adam Smith