Dr Southard, I am steroid dependent due to cushings, then three surgeries to remove tumor. I have never been this heavy. I am having trouble losing we?

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Steroid wt.

Your Cushing must have resulted from bilateral adrenal hyperplasia.
In this instance a bilateral adrenalectomy was performed. The dose of steroid given does cause retention and increase in appetite. One can attempt to reduce steroid dose and use temporary diuretics as well as reduce carbohydrate intake.

In brief: Steroid wt.

Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: Complicated situatio

While of course I'm only privy to the limited information provided I wouldn't be surprised if your steroid use is creating difficulties weight loss wise.
It can increase your appetite(thus your caloric intake), make you retain fluid, and redistribute fat to the face, neck and abdomen. Also chronic ailments often lead to diminished physical activity which serves to further compound weight gain.

In brief: Complicated situatio

Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Vicken Poochikian