I got small cut on hand 10 minute before n has stopped bleeding.other person cut his hand with knife. so if his blood flew to my cut is there hiv risk?

Dr. Atul Singh
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Complicated question

Are you aware if the other person has HIV infection? Unclear if the other person cut his hand with the same knife and then you suffered a cut? This needs professional and direct input.
If you have reason to believe the other person has HIV and you are concerned about transmission best to seek care now. Test that can be done on both which give HIV results in 4 hours. There are options. Risk is low!

In brief: Complicated question

Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care