I have severe redundant bowel due to chronic gas distension, in both widths and length, causes massive pain and nausea, would temp ileostomy help?

Dr. Mark Pack
Surgery

In brief: Need more info

Which part of your bowel is redundant - large or small bowel? How do you know? How long have you had symptoms? If the excess bowel is the large intestine, sometimes a bowel resection can help.
I have never performed an ileostomy for this problem, I have done colon resections with a good bit of success. Have you seen a surgeon to discuss your options?

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Mark Pack
Dr. Mark Pack
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Surgery - Trauma

In brief: No need

Colon resection better alternative abd avoids a external bag.

In brief: No need

Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery